Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My Love returns

What a sight for sore eyes! The last 6 weeks have given her skin a more golden hue and her hair is as gray as mine.

Yesterday, she arrived at SEATAC about 11:00 and cleared customs in less than an hour. We gathered the luggage and made our way back home. Stopped by Costco for some groceries and a hot slice of pizza; yum!!!

Here is a picture of our Thursday group from Nov 19th, courtesy of my friend Doug Greene.

We talked some about the language and she assures me that she can (and will) teach me to converse in Vietnamese during these next 11 months before our return. Our friend Bao has promised to study English too. I guess time will tell.

I've mentioned the school we want to convert into a reading room for the local kids. We still don't have permission from the government, but thought I'd share this picture of it. I really don't think the building is in such bad shape. It just needs a face lift and some paint; and maybe some electricity and water and septic...





Speaking of the kids and our Thursday get togethers. Here is shot of yours truly preparing the popcorn for my little friends. The popcorn and candy is fun and I enjoy doing it. The kids seem to like it too.

We have assurances that these will continue in our absence. I hope so. There is no way to know how much a single act of kindness can affect the life of a child. Imagine the opportunity to sow good seed into their lives every week. What a privilege.

No comments: